Wangari Maathai is a very important and respected person who stood up for women’s rights and was determined to help make a change in the environment. Wangari Maathai was born in Nyeri, Kenya on April 1, 1940. she lived in a peaceful Kenyan village surrounded by beautiful land and terrain.
- Wangari Maathai was born in Nyeri, Kenya on April 1, 1940. She lived in a peaceful Kenyan village surrounded by beautiful land and terrain.
- She traveled to America to continue her studies and work to achieve her dream to learn more about the world and help others.
- Wangari maathai lived a great life and helped lots of lives. She won many awards and was loved by many people.
- Gallelty, LeeAnne. Ecological Issues. India, Mason Crest Publishers, 2007.
- Kids InfoBits: Jan J., Ferrara. “Wangari Maathai: trees for peace.” Kids InfoBits, Cricket
- Kids InfoBits: Karimi, Faith. “Kenyans gather to say goodbye to Nobel laureate Wangari Media, Feb. 2011, Maathai.” Kids InfoBits, CNN Wire, 8 Oct. 2011.
- Schatz, Kate. Rad Women Worldwide. New York, Ten Speed Press, 2016.