The Igbo tribe is one of the eight largest ethnic groups in Nigeria. They live in South East and Central Nigeria and that is also where they originated from in 1434. The Igbo are mainly known for farming along the Nigerian River. They are one of the most environmentally conscientious tribes.
Research Question: How does the Igbo’s diet reflect their culture?
Thesis Statement: The Igbo Culture is reflected in their diet, language, and politics.
Topic Sentence #1:
The Igbo diet is reflective of their culture because they are vegans and have deep respect towards animals.
- Fact #1: The Igbo diet consists of almost all vegetables; their main food source is yam.
- Fact #2: The Igbo tribe did not hunt animals, but they did keep them as pets and as company, because they believed they were closely related to humans.
- Fact #3: Farming their food is also their main source of money.
Topic Sentence #2:
The Igbo language is called Niger-Congo and no other tribe speaks this language.
- Fact #1: the Igbo language is one of the most important languages in today’s Nigeria.
- Fact #2: they are one of the hardest tribes to understand because they were the only ones to speak it which was an advantage and disadvantage
- Fact #3: there are about 50 different kinds of niger congo languages but the Igbos are very rare. All together eighty-five percent of Africa speaks it
Topic Sentence #3: The Igbo people have recently instituted more modern politics into the governance of their tribe.
- Fact #1: The Igbo established a secretary in 1999, which has helped them become one of the most politically advanced tribes.
- Fact #2: all elders in the large Comanche community are homered and heavily respected.
- Fact #3: the Igbo have a very long life Tim because of the way they eat because they have so much food that’s healthy that their chiefs remind them to eat
Brief Conclusion: the Igbo is such an amazing tribe from a lot of the hard work they do and just the amount of respect that’s in their culture, like how they heart no animals or even eat them or their products.